Skip to main content

Night Feeding

So I have claimed to be disciplined at least Monday-Thursday and have now realized that I cannot watch T.V. while I am "attempting" to lose weight. I have been watching Being Human on SyFy and every freakin' five minutes there's some damn commercial about food. If its not five dollar footlongs from Subway, its 2 for $20 at Applebee's or some random candy commercial that makes my mouth water.

What a hypocrisy we live in. America wants to be healthy but we kill ourselves with fast food. The worst part is that there are all of these commercials that have Jennifer Hudson singing and promoting Weight Watchers or Janet Jackson toting Nutrisystem (which both are not only awesome entertainers but gorgeous women) and then turn around and show a hot, steamy, out of the oven pizza from Pizza Hut.

I know that I can't make a case against a fast food restaurant for making me fat but these fast food restaurants sure don't make it easy on my will power.  I will just have to stay strong and turn off the stupid television.

Besides I sit there on the sofa for at least an hour staring at a picture frame shining light from the pretty screen and I am mesmerized. It is time for me to get up off the sofa and read a damn book. There are no commercials in a book. Oh and speaking of books...don't forget to check out my website www.jennipherdallas.com and new book coming out.

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 days later...

Well, it's been sixteen days since my last post and well I can honestly say that I am totally disappointed. I thought that I would see some sort of growth but I haven't. What's worse is that my nails are so thin and weak that I had to actually cut some of my nails because they tore. Not because they grew. They were weak to begin with but at least they feel a little better. I mean I can now take a shower and the hot water doesn't hurt my fingernails. I am also a bit perplexed at the my second to the last finger. If you look close you can see the part of the nail that had solar on it and the amount of growth but my nail never got longer and this is not one of the one's that I had to trim. Things that make you go hummmm.  So here are my nails. I have been using the Nail-Aid Keratin for 16 days. It says 3 days growth but in three days I saw no growth. I have been receiving e-mails and comments suggesting that I use the O.P.I. Nail Strengthening but I refuse. ...

Isn't this over yet?!

Sometimes I just want to scream! It feels like the last 2 and half years have just taken a crap on me and my family and there seems no end in sight.  Oh let's recap shall we... 2016 was my son's first open heart surgery followed by a plethora of doctor's appointments and other surgeries. I thought it was over by the end of the year and took the advice of Whitney Houston and friends when I exhaled. However, my fun filled days were not over yet and I found myself dumbfounded by the turn of events in my life.  2017 started out fine...well not really. January brought us the bad news that our black Lab Molly Mae had cancer. It was in her bones and basically there was nothing to do but love her.  So, that's what we did. We took her home and loved her. Then, in April we were informed that my son needed to have another open heart surgery because the tissue valve that they put in was not performing the way that they thought that it would and now needed ...

This confirms it!