Skip to main content

Toys R Me

Friday my hubby and I got up early, took the kids to school and went for a Venti Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks. It was awesome. Usually I don't get to spend alone time with him until the weekend and even then the kids are home. We decided to go to ToysRUs to get some fun stuff for our son's Easter basket. Unfortunately, they opened at 9:30 and it was only nine. Now right about now you're probably thinking Why the hell do I care about this? Just indulge me for a minute I do have a point, of sorts. So as we were waiting in the car for ToysRUs to open, we saw many, many cars pull up and also wait for this store to open. My hubby and I were totally surprised that there were that many people waiting at 9:30 in the morning to buy toys. As the manager opened the door, letting the small crowd that had formed in to the store,  we noticed seven yes seven (7) cars zoom into the parking lot and park. I was in shock. Was there a sale that was going on that I didn't know about? Hubby and I jumped off the car and hurried into the store. I made a beeline to the Easter stuff expecting to fight the fight of the parent that waited until the last minute for basket stuff but I was surprised to see no one there. I was alone. 

These people weren't there for Easter stuff! Whoat!?! They were there for actual toys! WTF! Anyhoo, we got what we needed and left. Since we were expecting a big snow storm for the weekend we decided to also run some errands that we had been putting off, like checking out campers. That's right! Yours truly has decided to camp her brains out this summer. I feel I need to get back to nature and that this is a good way of doing so. Of course I am not doing anything without benefit of a toilet that flushes. Yes, I see the hypocrisy of my resolve but I can only work on flaw/issue at a time. 

As we took mini tours of different kinds of campers, I noticed that with my taste level the campers got increasingly larger and came with more amenities. By the time we were done, the one that my poor heart had settled on was a 2013 Mercedes Benz Class C Sprinter Camper that was so past my budget capacity that all I could do was cry at all the beautiful interior upgrades. It had all leather interior, granite counter tops, a rain like shower head and a built in latte maker. *SIGH* I walked out of the camper, stooped down in utter disappointment that I could not afford the camper of my dreams. So, I did the walk of shame down the graveled path to the one camper that I could afford. The 2006 hybrid Kodiak by Scamper. It wasn't a Mercedes but it was everything we needed and when I say everything needed, that means it has a toilet and shower. 

I am still searching for the perfect camper that I can afford. Right now that would be called a tent. So, I am off to surf the internet. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16 days later...

Well, it's been sixteen days since my last post and well I can honestly say that I am totally disappointed. I thought that I would see some sort of growth but I haven't. What's worse is that my nails are so thin and weak that I had to actually cut some of my nails because they tore. Not because they grew. They were weak to begin with but at least they feel a little better. I mean I can now take a shower and the hot water doesn't hurt my fingernails. I am also a bit perplexed at the my second to the last finger. If you look close you can see the part of the nail that had solar on it and the amount of growth but my nail never got longer and this is not one of the one's that I had to trim. Things that make you go hummmm.  So here are my nails. I have been using the Nail-Aid Keratin for 16 days. It says 3 days growth but in three days I saw no growth. I have been receiving e-mails and comments suggesting that I use the O.P.I. Nail Strengthening but I refuse. ...

Isagenix

As I was flipping though my June 2011 copy of Natural Health, I came across an advertisement for Isagenix. Isagenix is a "nutritional cleansing" product that has a side effect of weight loss. I have cleansed in the past and have usually purchased the kit from Walmart or Walgreen's for $25 bucks or so. Now I have always felt better after cleansing my system but weight loss was never a significant side effect. True, Ron White does have something when he asks in one of his shows "Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?" I hate to admit that when I feel full of myself that I am always happy to puck out $25 from my wallet and buy a cleansing kit. I have been struggling with my weight since I was in high school and have tried everything from Aerobics to Zumba to get fit along with every trendy diet; so when I heard of a cleansing product with a weight loss side effect I was very interested. I looked it up on the Internet and found on Y...

Isn't this over yet?!

Sometimes I just want to scream! It feels like the last 2 and half years have just taken a crap on me and my family and there seems no end in sight.  Oh let's recap shall we... 2016 was my son's first open heart surgery followed by a plethora of doctor's appointments and other surgeries. I thought it was over by the end of the year and took the advice of Whitney Houston and friends when I exhaled. However, my fun filled days were not over yet and I found myself dumbfounded by the turn of events in my life.  2017 started out fine...well not really. January brought us the bad news that our black Lab Molly Mae had cancer. It was in her bones and basically there was nothing to do but love her.  So, that's what we did. We took her home and loved her. Then, in April we were informed that my son needed to have another open heart surgery because the tissue valve that they put in was not performing the way that they thought that it would and now needed ...